With several blogging platforms out there, deciding which one to settle for can be a daunting task. For that reason, we have come up with suggestions on some of the best blogging platforms to choose from.
The following are some of the most prevalent blogging platforms to choose from. At the same time, you can pay attention to one of the good essay writing websites for implementation of your task according to requirements related to essays while studying.
WordPress.com is free for the basic package, meaning that your sites’ contents are stored for free on their servers. The free package tends to limit the users, although it is still the right choice for bloggers who wish to upgrade.
- Easy to use as coding skills aren’t required.
- Multiple themes to select from
- No start-up costs
- Limited use for the basic package
- The site can be suspended anytime as you don’t own the blog
- Its barely professional
- No control over the advertising revenue
Worpress.org gives you full control as you can add some plugins, edit your HTML code and design it to look more professional. This self-hosted WordPress blog goes for an average of $3/month. Worpress.org is excellent for professional bloggers, business brands, and organizations.
- Broad access to free plugins and themes
- Easy to use with tailor-made options to choose from.
- Search Engine friendly privileges
- Susceptible to security threats
- Third-party hosting needs some technical expertise.
If you are a blogger who likes reblogging, then Tumblr is the platform for you. It is also a social platform that is user friendly. Tumblr may not be the best platform in case you are looking forward to curating long-form content.
- Multiple themes to choose from
- Unrestrained storage space
- User friendly and allows for customization
- It’s hard to import content from other platforms.
- Hard to make money from.
- Few plugin options to select from.
Blogger offers you access to tools like AdSense and analytics since Google owns it. This is an ideal platform for bloggers and brand names that want to make money without using cash. However, it is not flexible but still a good idea for beginners as it is user-friendly and easy to use.
- User friendly and free.
- Multiple tailor-made options to choose from.
- Possibility of earning via AdSense.
- Limited storage with fewer themes.
- No possibility to self-host; it, therefore, means that you have to go with what the Blogger offers at the moment.
Thanks to its eCommerce capabilities, WIX is an ideal option for businesses that want a good blogging experience. WIX is also user-friendly and simple to design only that you won’t have that full control over your online shop.
- Multiple professional templates.
- Maximum of 20GB storage.
- Various domain registration options.
- Unrestrained bandwidth
- You can easily integrate your Ad.
- Costly compared to WordPress blog.
- Less advanced eCommerce tools.
- Restrained customization options.
The platforms listed above are some of the most common ones to choose from. However, the free versions are ideal for hobby bloggers, while the paid versions are suitable for businesses, organizations, or brand names. Selecting a platform depends on the functionality and the performance of your blog. So what decision have you made?