For those of you who don’t know what a screenshot is, a screenshot is a snapshot of your computer’s desktop that may be saved to your computer’s hard drive.
When you’re Skype-calling your family and you want to take a picture of them, screen-snapping is a great way to do it. Having the ability to take a screenshot and store it as an image file is a game-changer in today’s computer era.
Computer manufacturing giant HP® continues to make huge leaps and breakthroughs in maximizing computer convenience. We’ll show you how to take a screenshot on HP desktop and laptop using a variety of methods, from tapping a few keys on your keyboard to using screen casting programs.
Table of Contents
Capturing a screenshot on an HP Desktop or Laptop
To take a screenshot, just press the Windows or Chrome button on your HP desktop or laptop’s keyboard. The Print Screen key is sometimes written as PrtScn or Prt SC and is typically situated at the upper right of your keyboard.
Capturing the full desktop is possible using this button. A screenshot is transferred to the clipboard rather than saved immediately after it is taken. You may save the screenshot by following these procedures.
- To take a screenshot of the full screen, press Windows + Print Screen button at the same time. You’ll see your screen go dark for a few seconds to signify that you’ve successfully taken a picture.
- Open a photo-editing application (Photoshop, Microsoft Paint, or GIMP).
- To paste the screenshot, open a new picture and hit CTRL + V on your keyboard. You may also paste by selecting it using the right-click menu and pressing the Paste button.
- Make a JPG or PNG copy of the file and save it in a convenient location.
The alternative way for partial screen
With Snip & Sketch, it’s simpler than ever to capture a snapshot of only a section of your screen, rather than the full screen. Laptops running the Windows 10 operating system received a new default capability in October 2018 that allowed users to take screenshots without the need for another third-party software. You may follow these steps to grab and save a file.
- Windows key + Shift + S may be pressed simultaneously. After a few seconds, you’ll see a white overlay appear over your screen, and your pointer will transform to a crosshair cursor.
- Use your mouse to choose the area of your screen that you want to capture. When the snippet has been copied to your clipboard, it will be removed from your screen.
- Make use of an image editing application by opening it.
- Open a new picture and paste the screenshot by pressing CTRL + V.
- The screenshot should be saved as a PNG or JPG file and stored in a location that is convenient to retrieve.
The snipping tool is an awesome integrated function that enables you to choose any-size chunks of your screen for immediate capturing on any Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, or Windows 10 laptop.
Your start menu has the snipping tool since it is installed on all Windows desktop PCs. These instructions will guide you through a three-step screenshotting procedure after you’ve obtained them.
- To start a new snip, hit “New” or CTRL + N in the snipping tool program.
- Drag the crosshair pointer to create a rectangular outline around the area you want to edit.
- To save the snapshot as a JPEG or PNG file, hit the disk icon in the snipping tool toolbar.
The snipping tool has a few more features that let you switch between shooting and sniping modes. Snipping options include the usual rectangular snip as well as the following three as well.
- Free-form snip ensures that you can catch anything. The free-form mode makes it simple to record shapes like circles, ovals, and figure 8.
- Window snip You may snap a screenshot of your current window with a simple one-click operation.
- Full-screen snip captures the full screen. If you’re using a dual-monitor setup, this feature is extremely useful.
You may also use the Snipping tool’s pen and highlighter options in order to make your comments and point-outs plain and simple.
Snagit’s user-friendly UI and other capabilities make screenshotting a snap for those who often annotate and modify photos. Snagit has a wide range of features, including the ability to capture screenshots, resize and manipulate them, and even record a scrolling screen. These techniques will help you get the most out of your screen captures.
- Open the Snagit app when the download is complete.
- The screenshot camera may be found at top of your screen by pressing the red circle button.
- You may take a screenshot by clicking on the camera symbol or the recorder icon.
- Snap a section of the screen by clicking on the area you want.
- Snagit will display your desktop picture. The clipped picture may be edited, annotated, resized, copied, and saved from there.
Capturing a screenshot on HP tablet
Here’s the default way
How to take a screenshot on an HP tablet is a little different from how to take a screenshot on HP desktop or laptop, depending on the operating system. You’ll simply need to follow a simple two-step approach instead of utilizing keyboard keys or built-in screenshot tools.
- You may accomplish this by simultaneously pressing and holding the power button and the volume down button. The screen will flash after around a two-second hold, indicating that a screenshot has been captured.
- Find the screenshot in your tablet’s picture folder.