Forgot PST password? Are you attempting to recover Outlook data file password? Then, you are in the right place. In this blog we will share, need for PST encryption and the methods of PST password recovery in case of any such mishaps.
But before we begin to recover PST password, let us first see the importance of Outlook.
The Outlook Gain!
Outlook.com is an awesome personal information manager web app from the Microsoft Office suite collection. Initiated as an email client, Outlook also carries functions such as task managing, calendaring, contact managing, note-taking, journal logging, and web browsing. The file format PST and OST contain all information of your Outlook email data with attachments. Out of which, OST maintains your work rhythm in offline mode. On the contrary, PST files are created and can only be viewed with the Outlook application.
Why Do Users Count On The Outlook App?
Outlook offers its users multiple benefits. Out of that, some have been:
- Integration across email, calendar, and contacts: Outlook is like one hub to set up meetings, find more information about a contact, dial into conference calls, or jump onto online meets.
- Offline access to email: This feature gives you the capability to work on email without worrying about connectivity to the Internet.
- Organize email your way: You can opt to sort folders alphabetically or in specific label folders.
- PST password recovery: In case you forgot the PST password, you can easily recover PST password with the help of Outlook.
- Categorize email items to stay organized: An item (e.g. message, calendar appointment, task, etc.) can be assigned multiple categories to classify it in several ways.
- Flags, changing importance of email: You can mark a flag to email to grab quick attention.
- Rich contact information: Contact cards in Outlook can depict rich information about the user. It provides a photo in the contact card that enables to associate faces with names. ‘Presence’ information becomes the status of the user, for example, whether you’re busy, offline, etc.
With such an amount of information stored over the PST file, it becomes necessary to safeguard it with password protection.
Give The PST A Password Cover!
A Password is like a safety belt for your PST file to protect it from unauthorized access of any intruder. Also, it helps to maintain a safe distance from online threats. A password is an access code to prove identity or access approval to gain access to a resource. Most users do password-protected file sharing to increase security around sensitive folders and files. So, ensure to keep it secret from those not allowed access. But, what to do in case you have password-protected PST data and now forgot the password?
Methods To Recover Outlook Data File Password
You have to know that if you do not remember your previous password, Microsoft cannot retrieve your forgotten passwords. But, you can try to solve the problem with these workaround methods.
Method 1: Retrieve Outlook Data File Location
Before discussing PST password recovery process, you need to know where your Outlook data file gets saved. For that, follow with me as:
- Firstly, Open the Mail applet from the Control Panel.
- Next, click on the Data Files It will show the Account Settings window.
- Therein, click the Data Files tab to see your Outlook data files, including PST and OST files. In case you have multiple accounts in Outlook, you may notice several data files listed.
- Lastly, prefer your password-protected PST file, and click the Open Folder button to open the folder containing the PST in Windows Explorer.
If you are unable to perform PST password recovery by above method, then try the next one to recover PST password.
Method 2: Create a Backup of PST
- Firstly, you have to close the Outlook account and make a backup copy of the .PST file before continuing.
- Now, press the Windows + R key to open the command prompt, and type the pst19up path with the name of the PST file. Afterward, click the Enter key.
- Therein, you can create a copy of the original PST file with the name as filename.psx.
- Here, rename the original PST file to avoid confusion.
- At the command prompt, again write pst19upg – the path of PST files (filename.psx).
- After that, you will find the new PST file without any password.
- As a result, you can open the unlock password protected PST file.
The prerequisite to use these methods is that you should have got access to Outlook software.
If you are unable to recover PST password with manual methods or if you are unable to decrypt your password-protected PST file, then you need the assistance of an expert. If you know any such technical person, then you may contact him immediately for a solution. But, if you cannot find anyone, then it imposes the threat of Outlook data loss.
Professional method for PST password recovery-
Now, how to unlock PST password protected files? In such a scenario, you can take the help of the professional PST Password Recovery tool to recover Outlook data file password. With tool, you can unlock the forgotten password of the PST file in MS Outlook effortlessly. This utility helps you to crack a complicated and lengthy password of the PST file to regain data. You can even use its option to save the recovered password in the clipboard. Plus, you can use it without any need for Outlook to gain PST password recovery.
The Outlook is a trusted application that uses data in PST and OST files. The data information of your Outlook PST gets conserved with Password protection. In case you lose your password then, you can try the manual workaround methods for PST password recovery. But, to avoid data loss use the professional PST Unlocker tool works even without Outlook.