Step By Step Instructions To Get VLC For Roku
VLC (VideoLAN Client) is an open-source media player that permits you to play sight and sound records. It underpins all the video designs and media codecs. You can play substance from your nearby stockpiling and just as media records from on the web. VLC runs on different gadgets, and working frameworks incorporate Android, iOS, Windows, Linux, Amazon Firestick, Roku, and some more. It upholds multi-track sound and captions, and you can observe every one of your motion pictures and some other recordings with reasonable captions. It is given high-level controls that incorporate synchronization, video and sound channels, and some more.
Roku is a streaming media player that permits you to get to both neighborhood and online streaming. It has an underlying application store, which contains all the Roku upheld applications. Some of the mainstreaming services on Roku are Amazon Prime, Netflix, YouTube, Sling TV, Hulu.
Can You Get VLC Media Player on Roku?
No, VLC is not available on Roku Channels Store. Thus, You cannot install the VLC app on Roku.
You Will Also Love to Learn About How to Use Facebook on Roku Easily
The Best Way to Get VLC For Roku
Casting or Screen mirroring is the only efficient option to get VLC on Roku connected TV. So, In order to get VLC on Roku, you need to install the VLC media player app on your smartphone or computer.
Cast VLC App on Android to Roku | Cast VLC To TV
- Firstly Connect your Roku to the TV.
- Connect Roku and Smartphone to the same Wi-Fi
- Now install the VLC media player app on your android smartphone.
- Go to the settings option on your phone
- Select the Connection and sharing option.
- Now select the Cast option.
- After that click on the Cast option to enable it. As you do that, your smartphone search for nearby devices to cast.
- From the search result, Select your Roku device.
- As your mobile device is connected with Roku, the TV screen displays the contents of your phone.
- After that Now open the VLC Media Player app and access your media files on your mobile, the same will be shown on the Roku connected TV screen.
Cast VLC App on Windows to Roku | Cast VLC To TV
- Firstly Connect your Roku to your TV’s HDMI port.
- Connect your Computer & Roku with the same WiFi.
- Now enable the Screen Mirroring option on Roku.
- Install the VLC app on your Computer.
- Now Launch the VLC app on your computer.
- After that click on the notification icon on the bottom right corner.
- Now select the Connect option from the above-appeared list.
- Search for the nearby available device to connect.
- Now Click on your Roku device name from the search result in order to connect your desktop with the Roku TV screen.
- Open the VLC player on your Desktop screen, the same will be shown on your Roku connected TV screen.
To Sum Up
VLC is available on numerous platforms but doesn’t available on the Roku channel store. So casting is the only way to watch VLC on your Roku-connected TV screen. I hope you like this article.